Mold Repair/Tool and Die Maker
Job Description SummaryDisassemble, clean, repair, perform necessary maintenance and reassemble molds. Also disassemble and repair production equipment and recommend design change. Fabricate components for molds and assembly equipment to print specification and dimensions.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
- Mold repair, disassemble molds without damage to components
- Clean mol plates and components
- Polish cavities and cores as required
- Fabricate simple mold components or make simple repairs on machine tools as directed
- Assemble molds and components maintaining proper dimensional tolerances
- Must be able to trouble shoot and analyze problems with molds
- Reads and understands blueprints, sketches and schematics, relating to tool room practices
- Plans and lays out work from oral or written specifications, using the necessary hand and machine tools, instruments and related equipment
- Makes necessary shop computations using metric, decimal and fractional measure of length
- Has complete knowledge of welding and tool room equipment and be capable of operating machines within the prescribed tolerance and allowances
- Organizes work flow when mass producing new or replacement parts for manufacturing equipment
- Works efficiently and cooperates with supervision and other fellow employees
- Maintains a reasonably clean work area and reports and safety hazards to Supervision
- Performs and miscellaneous duties that might be assigned by Supervision
- Follows all local, state and federal ad BD safety laws, polices/procedures
- Follows all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees
- The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by the their supervisor
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform the job successfully, the incumbent will possess the aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a two-year degree from a technical school in mold making, mold repair or machine tool and die. The requirement may be waived for appropriate experience
- Math skills needed. Competency in all basic math and solid understanding of higher math (including trig, algebra, and geometry). Knowledge of decimal system. Must be able to interpret readings from indicators, micrometers and assorted gauges.
- One to two years experience as a mold repairmen/tool and tie
- Level 4
- Heavy work. Exceeding 50 to 100 pounds occasionally. 25 to 50 pounds frequently, 10 to 20 pounds consistently,. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work
- Must be able to read, write and understand English. Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings and sketches, etc.
- Ability to operate all Tool Room equipment from small hand tools to large machines. Must be a licensed forklift operator
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside
- The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout loud to be heard above the ambient noise level
- The worker is subject to vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities of the whole body
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals and broken glass
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin. Fumes, odors, dust, mists, gasses or poor ventilation
- The worker is subject to oils. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- This position reports directly to the Tooling Engineer
- This position has no supervision over others.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-3pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ