Director, Operational Excellence - MDS
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for Medication Delivery System (MDS) at BD
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of products that are used daily in healthcare, the Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) team provide a wide range of products for injection and infusion therapy, regional anaesthesia and closed medication management.
About the role
AsDirector, Operational Excellence you will play a critical role in implementing the BD Ex agenda across MDS, with specific focus on rolling out the OEE acceleration plan.
You will work with the Business Units Integrated Supply Chain Leaders to build a culture of operational and customer excellence, implementing change, and driving Continuous Improvement (CI) across the network by owning the strategy development and deployment for the BU.
You will support business unit leadership team in creating strategic vision of improvement goals, business master plan (deployment roadmap and maturity expectations based on priorities) and governance process across all functions and sites.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategy development and deployment and ensure strategic alignment through cascading Key Performance Indicators (KPIs’) top down and bottom up.
- Challenge existing paradigms, encourage, and promote internal and external benchmarking.
- Develop and grow zero loss mindset across critical areas to optimize safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Guide, coach, and demonstrate proficiency in BD Excellence concepts and systematic approach for Business OPEX managers and Plant OPEX managers.
- Ensure execution of and resource breakthrough Kaizen events. Develop and grow capability through components and component teams to establish the fundamentals of excellence in safety, quality, and reliability.
- Continue to drive BD Excellence capability development and impact through deployment of dynamically advanced aspects of component methodologies. Achieve long term CI objectives through cross functional alignment of all resources toward shared goals.
- Develop and grow BD Excellence capability, to help the business unit deliver a multi-year cost-to-win (CtW) program. Focus on building capability that improves problem solving, increases loss awareness, and empowers teams to eliminate factory-loss in an impactful, efficient, and sustainable way.
- Works closely with the Business Unit OPEx Managers, Plant Managers and Site OPEx Manager to support the development and implementation of the improvement strategy for their BD Excellence Maturity.
- Support collaboration within business unit to generate, sustain, and deliver a multi-year Cost to Win (CTW) portfolio, supervise optimization of loss awareness and loss landscape for entire business unit. Meet or exceed operational CtW (Cost to Win) goals by supporting Focused Improvement team savings projects.
- Develop a plan and govern the execution of projects driving OEE / OLE increase, Waste reduction and Labor Productivity increase in alignment with overall CtW plans for the BU.
- Travelling expectation up to 40%
We are looking for strong leader with minimum 10 years manufacturing experience / leadership experience in a plant with shown passion for safety and customer centricity, strong track record in project or program management and 3 to 5 years of Experience leading Kaizen events, coaching and challenging at multiple levels of the plant’s organization to accelerate capability development and pace of improvement.
You will also have:
- Proficiency in one or more areas of BD Excellence and has direct experience in leading the application of Operational Excellence / LEAN production.
- Expertise in problem solving, as well as training and coaching others.
- Experience in implementing, and solid understanding of, Lean and Six Sigma business systems. Six sigma black belt certification preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the interaction between operational excellence and customer service.
- Ability to translate business objectives into tactical activities for the plant.
- Strategic thinking and strong leadership skills
- Strong track record in project or program management
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience of working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong business and financial acumen and ability to display the linkage between projects and desired business results.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience operating a production system. Certified or recognized as a Production System practitioner/specialist in multiple components of the Operating System.
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Additional LocationsIRL Limerick - Castletroy, NLD Drachten - Kraaiheide, NLD Drachten - Marconilaan
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ