Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Senior Planner performs the detailed scheduling function as part of a Supply Chain Team. The Senior Planner will be accountable for the supply management (domestic trade fulfillment and international replenishment) for one or more assigned Plants or Product Hierarchies and for inventory levels for assigned commodities or product lines. The position supports and works closely with Manufacturing Operations, Global Demand Planning and Procurement. The Senior Planner can create and convert approved Master Schedule plans to detailed, sequenced Production Orders on a daily or weekly basis, and assists Manufacturing in managing open orders from Release-to-Close. Responsibilities of the position may include assisting and guiding the operating performance of Assistant Production Planner(s), as well as helping to identify and develop necessary skill competencies. The position is also responsible for communicating significant current/potential supply performance problems (schedule unfeasibility or non-compliance, material, or capacity imbalances, etc.) to Supply Chain Team and Plant Management. Reports to a Supply Planning Manager.
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
1. Converts constrained, feasible Master Production Schedules (Firm Planned Orders) to detailed and executable MRP-generated plans/work orders over an established rolling horizon period and with agreed-upon frequency. Acts independently and routinely performs moderately sophisticated planning and problem solving.
2. Participates in weekly/monthly Supply Planning Schedule reviews for one or more Work Centers and ensures appropriate follow up of agreed upon actions.
3. Responsively manages MRP action messages and Heuristic alerts.
4. Communicates tactical direction and schedule priorities to Manufacturing. Coordinates the generation and prioritization of Material Shortage lists, Past Due’s/Backlog, etc. Communicates capacity/material issues and action plans to key stakeholders as appropriate.
5. Frequently reviews and maintains the integrity of MRP parameters (batch size, lead times, Days Forward Supply, Safety Stock) and provides data for Key Performance Metrics (Schedule Compliance, Work in Process Inventory Turnover, Projected Inventory at Risk/Stock Loss). Significant variances or potential future risks are explained. Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and actively supports implementation as advised.
6. Reviews and updates current product availability information daily (Backorder Reason Code, expected partial/full release availability) and initiates Product Bulletins as required.
7. Participates in new product introductions, conversions, and End of Life efforts, including the set-up of master data. Supports efforts to ensure SAP data integrity of BOM’s, Routings, and Work Centers.
8. Coordinates as needed with Buyers for resolution of supplier issues (quality, delivery), or implementation of changes to the supplier base.
9. Processes Engineering Change Orders or Change Notifications for WIP and Finished Goods.
10. Periodically reviews and dispositions excess & obsolete, expired inventories & inventories >365FDS.
11. Champion continuous process improvements within the planning function.
12. Aligns with all GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines including company policies and departmental procedures.
Education and/ or Experience Required
Bachelor or associate degree in business administration, supply chain or related field. 3-6 years MPS/MRP Planning experience will be accepted In lieu of a degree.
SAP and SCM knowledge
Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Windows required.
Proven analytical, planning, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
Committed, diligent with excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
Ability to work independently under general supervision or guidance.
Good team building skills.
Able to operate optimally, interacting, and interfacing with multi-levels of internal and external customers in a matrix management environment.
Demonstrated customer-centric focus and global orientation.
Solid understanding of GMP and ISO requirements.
Certification (APICS/ASCM or CPIM) preferred.
Knowledge of integrated Supply Chain systems (SAP) preferred
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow, and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Grayson
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ