Software Engineering Lead
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for R&D at BD
This is where we deliver innovation for patients, customers, shareholders and beyond across discovery, diagnostics and the provision of care.
About the role
The Software Engineering Lead is responsible for leading and coordinating software development activities and personnel throughout the product development lifecycle (100+ associates) as well as setting strategic direction for the team.
The Software Engineering Lead will have a shown passion for software technology, combined with a proven track record to directly contribute to product development, with impactful experience in leading and developing successful teams , & supporting matrix environments.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Building strategies with actionable plans to promote, engage and operationalize.
- Engage and deliver on key strategic and tactical initiatives alongside the site management team crafting robust, and impactful & deliverable action plans.
- Develop and support budget for RCI, in conjunction with the business units while planning for future critical initiatives.
- Measure performance through established objectives and critical metrics to deliver agreed-upon business, technology, and people results.
- Building and leading a strong talented team crossing Architecture, SW Development and Test, Product Owners, DevOps, Product Security, functional managers etc.
- People management of highly skilled resources, mapping resource capabilities, against allocation of to support Project or Projects.
- Create an open, inclusive environment for associates to grow.
- Implement and promote employee development plans, ongoing performance evaluations, ensuring career paths and goals are mapped.
- Further-growing a team-based work environment multi-functional innovation, creativity and resourcefulness.
We are looking for a leader with experience in software development (designing, executing, and supporting software solutions as well as leading or managing software development team.
Your attributes include:
- Successful in developing ambitious strategies, implementing those strategies, and owning the change.
- Ability to build, lead, develop and empower high performing teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Experience and understanding of working in a large matrix organization.
- BS degree (MSc preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or related engineering field
- Experience working with Medical Devices is a plus
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationIRL Limerick - Castletroy
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ